Sunday 20 October 2013

NSW Bush Fire Update

It is now Sunday morning. It would be good to think that all the bush fires that started several days ago were all out. However, I have just heard the latest fire report on the TV news - there are still 65 bush fires burning in NSW and and of these 18 are uncontained. Weather conditions are expected to worsen with increased temperatures and stronger winds in the coming days.

Here is a note from Lucky, the Medowie (NSW, Australia) Deputy Captain:
"Today was a long day. The whole crew seemed to be fading on me this afternoon (me included), so I made them pull up outside Coles, I went in covered in bush fire crud and bought a box of magnums.

We all just sat in the truck for a few minutes, with the only sound being that of chocolate coated ice-cream's being eaten. It was surreal. Then we drove off and got stuck into it again. I think the treat was a boost to us all, and a moment to just enjoy something for a few minutes in what's been a chaotic week."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment